Loading...

I ate it, but should I have? (moldy sweet potato edition)

Post date: 2020-09-22 11:53:34
Views: 8
I made a curry today using two large sweet potatoes that both had little bits of whitish/greyish mold growing at the very tips. I cut off an inch or more of potato past the mold zone and proceeded to cook, because I really wanted those damn sweet potatoes and the grocery store is scary these days. Now I'm googling and seeing all sorts of things about hepatoxicity from the kind of mold that grows on sweet potatoes.

I have eaten probably 1/3 of a potato's worth of curry already. I'm reluctant to throw away food because I don't have a lot of money and, as previously mentioned, the grocery store is scary due to COVID. Do I need to throw the rest of the curry out? Do I need to worry about potato poisoning as it stands?

Please assuage my fears and/or advise me on how to mitigate whatever harm I've already done.
Number of Comments
Please click Here to read the full story.
 
Other Top and Latest Questions:
Who to donate to before U.S. election?
Fitbit heart rate oddity
Grant ?
Mounting tape that actually works?
Help finding replacement for cat's favorite toy
What to do with a whole packer brisket?
I overshared with my young child. Now what?
Family distancing in a time of Coronavirus
Extra Crunch Partner Perk: Get 6 months free of Zendesk Support and Sales CRM
Harness delivers enterprise continuous integration on heels of Drone.io acquisition