I live on the top floor of a 3-floor building. Since mid-September, most days promptly from 6:45-7:15am, I've been hearing a mysterious knocking noise coming from overhead. The sound pattern is akin to someone is dropping a tennis ball repeatedly on a surface above me. The last few days this escalated to the ball bouncing noise being complemented by an occasional banging that sounds like someone hammering with a rubber mallet. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?!
I'm trying to get some ideas before I go to the property management company, which doesn't really believe this is happening. Other details:
- This starts precisely at 6:45 and ends precisely at 7:15.
- We don't have central heating or air in the building.
- I know we have flexible ducts in the building. I don't know what this means, but I think it has to do with dryer vents?? Not sure if this is relevant.
- The first time I noticed this, the property management company came out and didn't see any issues on the roof (which got replaced in late-August....)
- I asked the neighbors living in the units closest to me and they hear it too, so I'm not hallucinating!
- I sort of got a recording of this here (google drive audio link)