What woodworking tool do I need to smooth out narrow grooves?

Post date: 2022-01-24 12:28:09
Views: 45
I removed paint from a few doorframes, and now I'm going to sand them down and repaint. What is the best way to smooth out the grooves in the detail? I held up a pencil in this photo to show the size of the grooves (approx 1.7 mm): link

I'm sort of a basic woodworker. I've been reading about different kinds of rasps, files, and rifflers (a word that is new to me today), but nothing is exactly what I'm looking for I think. I guess I am imagining something like a metal file in the shape of a cotton swab/cotton bud.

I already bought some contour sanding pads for the job, but I'm just wondering if there is a better way of working with this - there are seven doorframes, each with multiple grooves.

BONUS QUESTION: if anyone is able to identify what the metal circle in the photo that was hidden under the paint, that would be cool too.
Number of Comments
Please click Here to read the full story.
Other Top and Latest Questions:
How to forbid index content when post questions
Answered: Social Share - New free plugin released v1.0 --> Now 1.7.0
Bluetooth active noise cancelling "earphones" that don't fall out.
How to perform misspellings aloud
Sun-dried tomatoes in gelatinous sludge
How can I effectively UN-MERGE an iPhoto library?
Have we met?
All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite: AEW Dynamite 5/18 & Rampage 5/20
Servant of the People: S2: From Love to Impeachment
The Time Traveler's Wife: Episode 1 (Show Only)