Novel Coronavirus (nCoV) - Comment
Information about Corona virus shared in this presentation slides:
1. Coronavirus Mr. Nitin M. Naik Shivaji University Kolhapur
2. Coronaviruses • Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the – common cold to more severe diseases such as – Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and – Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). • A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
3. Coronaviruses • Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. • Detailed investigations found that – SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and – MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. • Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
5. Common signs of infection • Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. • The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.* • Common signs of infection include – Respiratory symptoms, – Fever, – Cough, – Shortness of breath and – Breathing difficulties.
6. Infection can cause • In more severe cases, infection can cause – Pneumonia, – Severe acute respiratory syndrome, – Kidney failure and – Even death.
7. Recommendations to Prevention & Treatment Infection • Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include – Regular hand washing, – Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, – Thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. – Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
8. Prevention & Treatment • Avoid close contact with people who are sick. • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. • Stay home when you are sick. • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
9. Prevention & Treatment • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, – especially after going to the bathroom; – before eating; and – after blowing your nose, – coughing, or – sneezing. • If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. • Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
10. Current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak • A new strain of coronavirus causing pneumonia-like symptoms was recently identified in Wuhan, China, marking the beginning of the spread of the virus across the globe. • Coronaviruses (CoV), so named for their “crown-like” appearance, are a large family of viruses that spread from animals to humans and include diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). • Researchers have now confirmed that the virus can spread via human-to-human transmission, though the original source of the virus has not been identified.
11. novel coronavirus
12. Being Microbiologist • I am Uploading this video Just for little bit information regarding the Corona virus, this is the information i have got through WHO website and one another websites only.
|Posted by : peter88||Post date : 2020-03-07 11:13|
|Category : Health & Medicine||Views : 259|
Tags: novel coronavirus, ncov, corona virus